Table o contents
- Aboot Wikipedie - whit it is an isna.
- Gin ye are interestit in writin airticles we bid ye hae a read o wir page anent writin Scots. Ye micht aiblins find thir dictionars helpfu.
- For tae caw the crack anent the technical wirkins o the Wikipedie, gang til the Mercat Cross.
- Bi gaun throu the Commontie Yett ye'll can find aw kynd o wittins adae wi uisin an eikin til the Wikipedie.
- For tae hae a sey shottie, veesit oor Saundpit.
Thank ye[eedit soorce]
Childishbeat is creating category pages with no content[eedit soorce]
- @Masumrezarock100: Duin Thank you for the heads up (and saving me weeks of cleanup if I didn't notice). I've never actually had to do that before. I gave them a warning, so they will be blocked if they make anymore empty categories. –MJL ‐Tauk‐☖ 22:49, 22 Dizember 2019 (UTC)
- Weird case. They seem to have good contributions on enwiki. Masumrezarock100 (tauk) 22:55, 22 Dizember 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for the message on my page. Regards the Trotsky edits I made, most of that is common knowledge. So once I get the hang of editing Wiki and using Scots, I'll get the info back up there. For me it reads like hagiography. And an outline of the ideological differences is essential. Goniga (tauk) 09:49, 28 Dizember 2019 (UTC)
- @Goniga: I want you to know I fully support your editing here. It was a really difficult decision whether I should remove that content because the Scots was really solid. I don't want people to ever feel welcomed here, but I'm also trying to improve verifiability on Scotts Wikipedia (a lot of stuff is unsourced).
If you would like improve our coverage of socialist issues, I highly recommend starting by translating works like Voltairine de Cleyre into Scots. It'll give you a better sense of what good articles look more like. Kindest regards, –MJL ‐Tauk‐☖ 15:47, 28 Dizember 2019 (UTC)
Category:Candidates for speedy deletion needs attention[eedit soorce]
note re rights[eedit soorce]
- @Sm8900: I appreciate your enthusiasm for contributing to this wiki!
However, I must sadly inform you that we only four user rights on Sco.wiki: rollbacker, autopatroller, IP block exempt, and bot uiser.
I'm pretty selective about who I grant autopatroller unless a person has demonstrated proficiency in both MediaWiki and Scots. I suppose I could grant you rollbacker, but are you sure you really need it? You don't have it on enwiki, so I have to ask. –MJL ‐Tauk‐☖ 00:00, 6 Februar 2020 (UTC)
About Nitin_Patkar[eedit soorce]
I found this article while going through RC. A SWMT member had tagged it for deletion because it looked like "spam". It doesn't look like spammy to me, but the subject doesn't appear to be notable. At least I couldn't find any reliable and independent source when doing a quick BEFORE. So I was wondering if Scottish Wikipedia has any criteria for speedy deletion like A7. Regardless I tagged it for speedy deletion. If it doesn't meet any of the criteria for speedy deletion, could you tell me show me how to nominate it for AFD? Does scowiki have such process of deletion? Masumrezarock100 (tauk) 00:07, 9 Februar 2020 (UTC)
- @Masumrezarock100: Woops, I didn't respond to your last message. To be honest, I have no clue what to do in a borderline case like this.
@AmaryllisGardener: Could I just delete the page if it isn't notable? What do?
In the meantime, I have semi-protected this page. –MJL ‐Tauk‐☖ 17:52, 11 Februar 2020 (UTC)
- @MJL: yeah articles like that are obviously not notable and can be deleted. Plus it's in pure English. --AmaryllisGardener talk 18:28, 11 Februar 2020 (UTC)
@MJL, AmaryllisGardener: Just wanted to draw your attention to Consumer_Finance. Looks like a list and not an article, wholly written in English without any source whatsoever. Does it qualify for deletion? Masumrezarock100 (tauk) 00:47, 12 Februar 2020 (UTC)
- @Masumrezarock100: Went ahead and deleted it. 100% cross-wiki spam. --AmaryllisGardener talk 04:09, 12 Februar 2020 (UTC)