Walcome tae the Mercat Cross! This is the airt tae tauk aboot the technical wirkins o the Wikipedia.
- en: Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below.
Table o contents
- 1 Compact Links coming soon to this wiki
- 2 Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit
- 3 Editing News #2—2016
- 4 Open call for Project Grants
- 5 Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today
- 6 Save/Publish
- 7 New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)
- 8 RevisionSlider
- 9 Grants to improve your project
- 10 Creative Commons 4.0
- 11 Editing News #3—2016
- 12 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)
- 13 Password reset
- 14 Adding to the above section (Password reset)
- 15 AutoWiki Browser
Compact Links coming soon to this wiki[eedit soorce]
Please help translate to your language
Hello, I wanted to give a heads up about an upcoming feature for this wiki which you may seen already in Tech News. Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). This will be enabled as a feature in the coming week for all users, which can be turned on or off using a preference setting. We look forward to your feedback and please do let us know if you have any questions. Details about Compact Language Links can be read in the project documentation.
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this message and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. The main announcement can also be translated on this page. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-12:57, 1 Julie 2016 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit[eedit soorce]
Three weeks ago, you were invited to vote on how to take Wikipedia articles to the Moon. Community voting is over and the winning idea is to send all ‘’featured articles and lists’’ to the Moon. This decision means that, starting today, Wikipedians from all language communities are warmly invited to intensively work on their best articles and lists, and submit them to Wikipedia to the Moon. The central site to coordinate between communities will be Meta-Wiki. You will find an overview and more information there. Hopefully, we will be able to represent as many languages as possible, to show Wikipedia’s diversity. Please feel kindly invited to edit on behalf of your community and tell us about your work on featured content!
Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 14:10, 1 Julie 2016 (UTC)
Editing News #2—2016[eedit soorce]
m:User:Elitre (WMF), 17:20, 3 Julie 2016 (UTC)
Open call for Project Grants[eedit soorce]
Please help translate to your language:
- Greetings! The Project Grants program is accepting proposals from July 1st to August 2nd to fund new tools, research, offline outreach (including editathon series, workshops, etc), online organizing (including contests), and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers.
- Whether you need a small or large amount of funds, Project Grants can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Also accepting candidates to join the Project Grants Committee through July 15.
- With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 15:25, 5 Julie 2016 (UTC)
Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today[eedit soorce]
Please help translate to your language
Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). Based on several factors, this shorter list of languages is expected to be more relevant for them and valuable for finding similar content in a language known to them. More information about compact language links can be found in the documentation.
From today onwards, compact language links has been enabled as the default listing of interlanguage links on this wiki. However, using the button at the bottom, you will be able to see a longer list of all the languages the article has been written in. The setting for this compact list can be changed by using the checkbox under User Preferences -> Appearance -> Languages
The compact language links feature has been tested extensively by the Wikimedia Language team, which developed it. However, in case there are any problems or other feedback please let us know on the project talk page. It is to be noted that on some wikis the presence of an existing older gadget that was used for a similar purpose may cause an interference for compact language list. We would like to bring this to the attention of the admins of this wiki. Full details are on this phabricator ticket (in English).
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-03:03, 8 Julie 2016 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)[eedit soorce]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our publisher donation program. You can now sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Nomos – Primarily German-language publisher of law and social sciences books and journals - 25 accounts
- World Scientific – Scientific, technical, and medical journals - 50 accounts
- Edinburgh University Press – Humanities and social sciences journals - 25 accounts
- American Psychological Association – Psychology books and journals - 10 accounts
- Emerald – Journals on a range of topics including business, education, health care, and engineering - 10 accounts
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 18:38, 30 August 2016 (UTC)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 15:08, 12 September 2016 (UTC)
Grants to improve your project[eedit soorce]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Project Grants program is currently accepting proposals for funding. There is just over a week left to submit before the October 11 deadline. If you have ideas for software, offline outreach, research, online community organizing, or other projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.
- Submit a grant request
- Get help: In IdeaLab or an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants or Project and Event Grants
Creative Commons 4.0[eedit soorce]
Hello! I'm writing from the Wikimedia Foundation to invite you to give your feedback on a proposed move from CC BY-SA 3.0 to a CC BY-SA 4.0 license across all Wikimedia projects. The consultation will run from October 5 to November 8, and we hope to receive a wide range of viewpoints and opinions. Please, if you are interested, take part in the discussion on Meta-Wiki.
Apologies that this message is only in English. This message can be read and translated in more languages here. Joe Sutherland (talk) 01:34, 6 October 2016 (UTC)
Editing News #3—2016[eedit soorce]
17:50, 15 October 2016 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)[eedit soorce]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Foreign Affairs - Journal of international relations and U.S. foreign policy
- OpenEdition - Journals in the social sciences and humanities
- Édition Diffusion Presse Sciences - French and English language scientific journals
- ASHA - Speech–language–hearing journals
- Tilastopaja - Athletics statistics
- EBSCO - Many new databases added
- Taylor & Francis - Strategic, Defence & Security Studies collection
Password reset[eedit soorce]
I apologise that this message is in English. ⧼Centralnotice-shared-help-translate⧽
We are having a problem with attackers taking over wiki accounts with privileged user rights (for example, admins, bureaucrats, oversighters, checkusers). It appears that this may be because of weak or reused passwords.
Community members are working along with members of multiple teams at the Wikimedia Foundation to address this issue.
In the meantime, we ask that everyone takes a look at the passwords they have chosen for their wiki accounts. If you know that you've chosen a weak password, or if you've chosen a password that you are using somewhere else, please change those passwords.
Adding to the above section (Password reset)[eedit soorce]
AutoWiki Browser[eedit soorce]
Hello there, I am a Turkish Wikipedia member. I'm sorry I do not speak your language.