Walcome tae the Mercat Cross! This is the airt tae tauk aboot the technical wirkins o the Wikipedia.
- sco: Please help translate to your language.
- en: Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
New user group for editing sitewide CSS / JS[eedit soorce]
Enabling a helpful feature for Template editors[eedit soorce]
Bot flag request for MABot[eedit soorce]
Hello/'Allo. I would like to offer my bot services to this wiki. Details below:
- Bot: MABot (multiple flags on multiple projects).
- Owner: MarcoAurelio (Meta-Wiki page; other projects).
- Basic tasks that I regularly perform:
- Optional tasks that I can perform on request as well:
- Clean the project sandbox page(s) regularly.
- General template and/or category maintenance.
- Maintenance of category redirects (currently Meta and Spanish Wikipedia).
- Operational mode: automatic via Toolforge for the safests scripts, supervised for all other tasks.
- Approved. --AmaryllisGardener talk 05:55, 8 August 2018 (UTC)
IMPORTANT: Admin activity review[eedit soorce]
Hello. A new policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc) was adopted by global community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on smaller wikis. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the admin activity review.
We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for more than 2 years):
- Diego Grez-Cañete (administrator)
These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.
However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, Rschen7754 06:07, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, if there is no objection from the community, I would like to have the administrator rights I have on my former account (Diego) over this one, which I use. Although I don't think I will be as active as I used to be, I can help with usual patrolling. I'm fine with whatever the community decides! Kind regards --Küñall (tauk) 06:11, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
Broken redirects[eedit soorce]
'Allo. With regards to my approved bot request above, I'd like to note that there are several broken redirects on the project. What do you want to do with them? Can I fix/tag those for deletion or do you want to keep them for some purposes? Given that there are more than 50+ pages involved and I don't want to revert later, I'm asking first just in case you'd like to do something different. I'll run the bot to see if some can be redirected to existing pages, bot for all others that need deletion I'll abstain from tagging them for now until the resolution of this thread. Best regards. MarcoAurelio (tauk) 10:37, 13 August 2018 (UTC)
Missing namespace translations in Scots[eedit soorce]
Hello. As I am noting on Phabricator; this wiki lacks namespace translations; so you're using the English-default ones. Namespace names, magic words and special page names can be translated. Previously that could be done via translatewiki.net, but due to the software that allowed such operations being broken, we developers have to do all of this by hand now. If you're interested to get the interface more translated I invite you to take a look at the Phabricator task I linked above and help translate some words. Once at least the basic namespaces are translated, we can start slowly implement them. Thanks for your help. Best regards, --MarcoAurelio (tauk) 10:43, 13 August 2018 (UTC)