Wikipedia:Mercat Cross/Archive/3

Frae Wikipedia, the free beuk o knawledge
Jump to navigation Jump to search


New user group for editing sitewide CSS / JS[eedit soorce]

Enabling a helpful feature for Template editors[eedit soorce]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:28, 6 August 2018 (UTC)

Bot flag request for MABot[eedit soorce]

Hello/'Allo. I would like to offer my bot services to this wiki. Details below:

  • Bot: MABot (multiple flags on multiple projects).
  • Owner: MarcoAurelio (Meta-Wiki page; other projects).
  • Basic tasks that I regularly perform:
  • Optional tasks that I can perform on request as well:
    • Clean the project sandbox page(s) regularly.
    • General template and/or category maintenance.
    • Maintenance of category redirects (currently Meta and Spanish Wikipedia).
  • Operational mode: automatic via Toolforge for the safests scripts, supervised for all other tasks.

Thank you for your consideration. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Best regards. --MarcoAurelio (tauk) 20:46, 7 August 2018 (UTC)

Approved. --AmaryllisGardener talk 05:55, 8 August 2018 (UTC)
Thank you AmaryllisGardener! Can you please, however, remove the permission from the bot? I'll request a proper bot flag from the stewards at m:SRB. Best regards, MarcoAurelio (tauk) 11:52, 8 August 2018 (UTC)
Sure! You're welcome! --AmaryllisGardener talk 20:53, 8 August 2018 (UTC)

IMPORTANT: Admin activity review[eedit soorce]

Hello. A new policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc) was adopted by global community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on smaller wikis. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the admin activity review.

We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for more than 2 years):

  1. Diego Grez-Cañete (administrator)

These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.

However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, Rschen7754 06:07, 10 August 2018 (UTC)

Hi, if there is no objection from the community, I would like to have the administrator rights I have on my former account (Diego) over this one, which I use. Although I don't think I will be as active as I used to be, I can help with usual patrolling. I'm fine with whatever the community decides! Kind regards --Küñall (tauk) 06:11, 10 August 2018 (UTC)
Since there has been no opposition in over two weeks, I have requested on the stewards' noticeboard to have my rights transferred. --Küñall (tauk) 03:27, 26 August 2018 (UTC)

Broken redirects[eedit soorce]

'Allo. With regards to my approved bot request above, I'd like to note that there are several broken redirects on the project. What do you want to do with them? Can I fix/tag those for deletion or do you want to keep them for some purposes? Given that there are more than 50+ pages involved and I don't want to revert later, I'm asking first just in case you'd like to do something different. I'll run the bot to see if some can be redirected to existing pages, bot for all others that need deletion I'll abstain from tagging them for now until the resolution of this thread. Best regards. MarcoAurelio (tauk) 10:37, 13 August 2018 (UTC)

Hi there :-) Have you had the chance to review this? Best regards, MarcoAurelio (tauk) 20:16, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
Hi MarcoAurelio, it would be really helpful to have them tagged for deletion. Thanks! --Küñall (tauk) 03:44, 5 September 2018 (UTC)
Hi there again. If there are no objections I can have my bot do it. I'll wait a bit more before doing so to be on the safe side. Thanks, MarcoAurelio (tauk) 21:53, 19 September 2018 (UTC)

Missing namespace translations in Scots[eedit soorce]

Hello. As I am noting on Phabricator; this wiki lacks namespace translations; so you're using the English-default ones. Namespace names, magic words and special page names can be translated. Previously that could be done via translatewiki.net, but due to the software that allowed such operations being broken, we developers have to do all of this by hand now. If you're interested to get the interface more translated I invite you to take a look at the Phabricator task I linked above and help translate some words. Once at least the basic namespaces are translated, we can start slowly implement them. Thanks for your help. Best regards, --MarcoAurelio (tauk) 10:43, 13 August 2018 (UTC)

Here are the current proposed namespace translations:
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/core/+/452582/3/languages/messages/MessagesSco.php
Most notably:
  • All "Talk" namespaces are translated as "Collogue".
  • "User" is translated as "Uiser"
Does this make sense? --Amir E. Aharoni (tauk) 05:14, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
Tagging some active users: Friendshipfan, User:Vampibyte. --Amir E. Aharoni (tauk) 05:23, 3 September 2018 (UTC)
I think it's fine! But maybe user:AmaryllisGardener could know more --Küñall (tauk) 02:44, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for the ping! Talk is often translated as "Collogue", however I'm not 100% sure, because the OSD uses "talk" mostly, and lists "collogue" as being something more private or confidential. "User" should definitely be "Uiser", and "Wikipedia" should be "Wikipaedia". Otherwise I can't think of any namespaces that need to be changed. --AmaryllisGardener talk 03:08, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for the replies, User:Küñall and User:AmaryllisGardener!
I see that in translatewiki, "talk" is usually translated as "tauk", and very rarely as "collogue". Here, locally in the Scots Wikipedia, some of the messages that mention talk pages are modified to say "collogue".
It's totally up to you to decide, but I strongly suggest deciding on a consistent terminology, removing as many of the local modifications as possible, and using translations from translatewiki.net unless you really need local modifications.
I should mention that the original English strings don't use "talk" exclusively, and sometimes they say "discussion" instead. So if you think that sometimes "tauk" (or "talk") is appropriate and sometimes "collogue" is appropriate, it's OK. You will have to choose only one word for the namespace name, however. --Amir E. Aharoni (tauk) 07:40, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
Here is an easy way to find locally modified messages:
  • Click https://sco.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3AAllMessages&prefix=&filter=modified&lang=sco&limit=5000&uselang=en . In each pair of rows, the top yellow row shows the message as it is translated at translatewiki.net, and the bottom green row shows the local modification on the Scots Wikipedia.
  • Search for "Collogue" using Ctrl-F (Windows, Linux) or Command-F (Mac). (You can also search for anything else.)
  • If the top yellow row has a good translation: open the message by clicking the message key in the left-hand column. These are links such as "1movedto2", "1movedto2_redir", "Confirmrecreate", etc., and delete this page. (This has to be done by an administrator.)
  • Do the same if the messages in the yellow and the green row are identical.
  • If the bottom green row has a good translation, and it's good that it's locally modified on the Scots Wikipedia, just leave it alone. An example of a good local modification is using "article" instead of "content page", linking to local policy pages, etc.
  • If the bottom green row has a good translation, and it can be useful for all wikis in the Scots language, go to translatewiki.net, find the message, and correct the translation there. After two or three days the translation will be auto-updated in the Scots Wikipedia. After that, delete the message.
That's it. Hope it helps! --Amir E. Aharoni (tauk) 07:50, 4 September 2018 (UTC)

Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from now[eedit soorce]

(Please help translate to your language)

Hi all,

as announced previously, permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed: only members of the interface-admin (Interface administrators) group, and a few highly privileged global groups such as stewards, can edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with .css or .js that is either in the MediaWiki: namespace or is another user's user subpage). This is done to improve the security of readers and editors of Wikimedia projects. More information is available at Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS. If you encounter any unexpected problems, please contact me or file a bug.

Thanks!
Tgr (talk) 12:40, 27 August 2018 (UTC) (via global message delivery)

Read-only mode for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October[eedit soorce]

13:33, 6 September 2018 (UTC)

Editing News #2—2018[eedit soorce]

14:17, 2 November 2018 (UTC)

Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile web[eedit soorce]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 19:35, 13 November 2018 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey vote[eedit soorce]

18:13, 22 November 2018 (UTC)

Advanced Search[eedit soorce]

Johanna Strodt (WMDE) (talk) 11:03, 26 November 2018 (UTC)

New Wikimedia password policy and requirements[eedit soorce]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 20:03, 6 Dizember 2018 (UTC)

Invitation from Wiki Loves Love 2019[eedit soorce]

Please help translate to your language

WLL Subtitled Logo (transparent).svg

Love is an important subject for humanity and it is expressed in different cultures and regions in different ways across the world through different gestures, ceremonies, festivals and to document expression of this rich and beautiful emotion, we need your help so we can share and spread the depth of cultures that each region has, the best of how people of that region, celebrate love.

Wiki Loves Love (WLL) is an international photography competition of Wikimedia Commons with the subject love testimonials happening in the month of February.

The primary goal of the competition is to document love testimonials through human cultural diversity such as monuments, ceremonies, snapshot of tender gesture, and miscellaneous objects used as symbol of love; to illustrate articles in the worldwide free encyclopedia Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) projects.

The theme of 2019 iteration is Celebrations, Festivals, Ceremonies and rituals of love.

Sign up your affiliate or individually at Participants page.

To know more about the contest, check out our Commons Page and FAQs

There are several prizes to grab. Hope to see you spreading love this February with Wiki Loves Love!

Kind regards,

Wiki Loves Love Team

Imagine... the sum of all love!

--MediaWiki message delivery (tauk) 10:13, 27 Dizember 2018 (UTC)

FileExporter beta feature[eedit soorce]

Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 09:41, 14 Januar 2019 (UTC)

No editing for 30 minutes on 17 January[eedit soorce]

You will not be able to edit the wikis for up to 30 minutes on 17 January 07:00 UTC. This is because of a database problem that has to be fixed immediately. You can still read the wikis. Some wikis are not affected. They don't get this message. You can see which wikis are not affected on this page. Most wikis are affected. The time you can not edit might be shorter than 30 minutes. /Johan (WMF)

18:54, 16 Januar 2019 (UTC)

Talk to us about talking[eedit soorce]

Trizek (WMF) 15:01, 21 Februar 2019 (UTC)

New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2019)[eedit soorce]

Hello Wikimedians!

The TWL OWL says sign up today!

The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials on the Library Card platform:

  • Kinige – Primarily Indian-language ebooks - 10 books per month
  • Gale – Times Digital Archive collection added (covering 1785-2013)
  • JSTOR – New applications now being taken again

Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Baylor University Press, Taylor & Francis, Cairn, Annual Reviews and Bloomsbury. You can request new partnerships on our Suggestions page.

Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 17:40, 13 Mairch 2019 (UTC)

You can host and coordinate signups for a Wikipedia Library branch in your own language. Please contact Ocaasi (WMF).
This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Wikipedia Library Global Delivery List.

Read-only mode for up to 30 minutes on 11 April[eedit soorce]

10:56, 8 Apryle 2019 (UTC)

Wikimedia Foundation Medium-Term Plan feedback request[eedit soorce]

Please help translate to your language

The Wikimedia Foundation has published a Medium-Term Plan proposal covering the next 3–5 years. We want your feedback! Please leave all comments and questions, in any language, on the talk page, by April 20. Thank ye! Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 17:35, 12 Apryle 2019 (UTC)

Wikidata Bridge: edit Wikidata’s data from Wikipedia infoboxes[eedit soorce]

Redirect loops[eedit soorce]

Hello! The redirects listed at Special:DoubleRedirects cannot be fixed by my bot because they redirect over themselves. Can you please help locate the right page where those redirects should point to? Ping AmaryllisGardener, Fox & Avicennasis. Thank you! --MarcoAurelio (tauk) 11:06, 29 Juin 2019 (UTC)

Think a've fixit them aw for nou. 🦊 (tauk) 18:53, 29 Juin 2019 (UTC)
Hi Fox. Unfortunatelly they're still redirecting over themselves and my bot keeps complaining :-) MarcoAurelio (tauk) 12:08, 6 Julie 2019 (UTC)
Special:Diff/706106 fixed it, BUT now Member o the Scots Pairlament has no content. Special:Undelete/Member_o_the_Scots_Pairlament has had some previous content that you might want to restore. MarcoAurelio (tauk) 12:13, 6 Julie 2019 (UTC)

Editing News #1—July 2019[eedit soorce]

18:32, 23 Julie 2019 (UTC)

Update on the consultation about office actions[eedit soorce]

Hello all,

Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.

This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.

For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.

Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.

Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team 08:03, 16 August 2019 (UTC)

New tools and IP masking[eedit soorce]

14:18, 21 August 2019 (UTC)

Note[eedit soorce]

Please see: Category collogue:Wikipaedia categorisation#Overhaul categories faer an RFC on Categories. –MJLTauk 21:17, 7 September 2019 (UTC)

The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started[eedit soorce]

-- Kbrown (WMF) 17:14, 30 September 2019 (UTC)

Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project[eedit soorce]

07:18, 16 October 2019 (UTC)

Beta feature "Reference Previews"[eedit soorce]

-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 09:47, 23 October 2019 (UTC)

Editing News #2 – Mobile editing and talk pages[eedit soorce]

11:12, 29 October 2019 (UTC)

Wikipedia Asian Month 2019[eedit soorce]

Please help translate to your language

WAM logo without text.svg

Wikipedia Asian Month is back! We wish you all the best of luck for the contest. The basic guidelines of the contest can be found on your local page of Wikipedia Asian Month. For more information, refer to our Meta page for organizers.

Looking forward to meet the next ambassadors for Wikipedia Asian Month 2019!

For additional support for organizing offline event, contact our international team on wiki or on email. We would appreciate the translation of this message in the local language by volunteer translators. Thank you!

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team.

MediaWiki message delivery (tauk) 16:57, 31 October 2019 (UTC)

Partial blocks[eedit soorce]

CLOSIT:

Consensus i favour. Nae closit faer recordin. –MJLTauk 21:57, 29 November 2019 (UTC)

The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.

A lot of other Wikipedias have already implemented partial blocks. Harassment has not been a major issue on sco.wiki (thank gosh), but I would like to see us have this tool in our toolbelt if so needed. If there is no objections, I will author a task on Phabricator to get it done.

@AmaryllisGardener, Cuatro Remos, DannyS712, Fixer88, Sije, and Chongkian: Would you support this proposal? –MJLTauk 18:13, 17 November 2019 (UTC)

Agreed, I support having them implemented. --Cuatro Remos (tauk) 18:14, 17 November 2019 (UTC)
Sounds good to me. --AmaryllisGardener talk 19:02, 17 November 2019 (UTC)
Support. --Sije (tauk) 19:57, 17 November 2019 (UTC)
Depending on the severity of the harassment though, but I do support this. Chongkian (tauk) 00:28, 18 November 2019 (UTC)

The discussion above is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.


Extension of Wikipedia Asian Month contest[eedit soorce]

In consideration of a week-long internet block in Iran, Wikipedia Asian Month 2019 contest has been extended for a week past November. The articles submitted till 7th December 2019, 23:59 UTC will be accepted by the fountain tools of the participating wikis.

Please help us translate and spread this message in your local language.

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team

--MediaWiki message delivery (tauk) 14:16, 27 November 2019 (UTC)

@AmaryllisGardener, Cuatro Remos, DannyS712, Fixer88, Sije, Chongkian, and MJL:

Partial blocks model policy[eedit soorce]

Hello all,

(Apology for writing in English) I'm writing to let you know that now there is a Partial block model policy on Meta. If this wiki does not have a policy to cover partial blocks then the model policy could be adapted for this wiki. Or if you have already written a customized policy for this wiki, you can share it on the Meta page for possible use by other wikis. There is also a page where you can share examples of the way that you are using partial block on this wiki.

Please contact me if you have questions or comments about partial block. Regards, SPoore (WMF) (tauk) 21:49, 6 Dizember 2019 (UTC)

@SPoore (WMF): We sadly don't have a lot policies written down. Therefore, I just made Wikipedia:Partial block link to m:Partial block model policy. :) –MJLTauk 13:19, 12 Dizember 2019 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Folklore[eedit soorce]

WLL Subtitled Logo (transparent).svg

Hello Folks,

Wiki Loves Love is back again in 2020 iteration as Wiki Loves Folklore from 1 February, 2020 - 29 February, 2020. Join us to celebrate the local cultural heritage of your region with the theme of folklore in the international photography contest at Wikimedia Commons. Images, videos and audios representing different forms of folk cultures and new forms of heritage that haven’t otherwise been documented so far are welcome submissions in Wiki Loves Folklore. Learn more about the contest at Meta-Wiki and Commons.

Kind regards,
Wiki Loves Folklore International Team
— Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk)
sent using MediaWiki message delivery (tauk) 06:15, 18 Januar 2020 (UTC)

Movement Learning and Leadership Development Project[eedit soorce]

Hello

The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.

To learn more about the project, please visit the Meta page. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete this simple Google form. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!

-- LMiranda (WMF) (talk) 19:01, 22 Januar 2020 (UTC)

New logo for sco.wikipedia.com[eedit soorce]

Frae Wikipedia, the free beuk o knawledge

After seeing this "Frae Wikipedia, the free beuk o knawledge" on every page, I wondered why this wasn't reflected in our logo. I've updated the source SVG to have the subtitle and if we get consensus we can go to Phabricator to get the logo on all pages changed.

If there are any changes/objections, I would be glad to hear them out and make the requisite changes.

Sorry for my lack of Scots, the Aberdonian private schools don't foster a doric friendly environment. --Carlinmack (tauk) 03:15, 30 Januar 2020 (UTC)

Please fix spellin: "Wikipædia" (or "Wikipaedia"). --Sije (tauk) 19:25, 31 Januar 2020 (UTC)
enwiki now uses Wikipedia, is there a reason for using "æ" or "ae" in Scots? I'm happy to change it, I'm just interested if there's a reason for it --Carlinmack (tauk) 14:20, 1 Februar 2020 (UTC)
It seems to be more correct in Scots although I'm no expert. It's how the word is spelled in the current logo. Pinging User:MJL and User:Fixer88. What do you say? Sije (tauk) 21:39, 2 Februar 2020 (UTC)
@Sije and Carlinmack: I love the design of the new logo!
As for why it should have an "æ" or "ae", I'd believe it is because the "æ" is the closest to the root Encyclopædia. Scots leaves a lot in what English lost.
That being said, it does feel odd to be saying that all in a namespace called Wikipedia. :/ –MJLTauk 22:21, 2 Februar 2020 (UTC)
Maybe the namespace could also be changed. (I'm not familiar with the technicalities). Sije (tauk) 22:30, 2 Februar 2020 (UTC)
From my understanding of Scots, the way in which words are spelled is a reflection of their pronunciation. For example, s[oo]th and [oo]tbrak have the same vowel so are spelled with the same letter pair "oo". What pronunciation does "enclopædia" have in Scots? what does the "æ" sound like? I imagine that most would say something similar to "encyclopeedeea". I think that would be more true to Scots rather than a classical spelling Carlinmack (tauk) 15:44, 20 Februar 2020 (UTC)
(en) This has been raised on Spellin Fettle page, and is probably the most fundamental spelling issue found so far. I would be uncomfortable with a change being made by the Wiki community alone (e.g. "encyclopeedeea" or "Wikipedie"), as that's how this mess happened in the first place. It needs professional academic input to advise on how it should be spelled, and the reasoning for it set out. I would suggest contacting Dr Michael Dempster of the Scots Language Centre (and also on the Scots wiki editors FB group) for an opinion. But great that this is being picked up on, and 'Free Beuk o Knawledge' reads well to me as a native-Scot. Soothrhins (tauk) 07:04, 28 August 2020 (UTC)

Additional interface for edit conflicts on talk pages[eedit soorce]

Sorry, for writing this text in English. If you could help to translate it, it would be appreciated.

You might know the new interface for edit conflicts (currently a beta feature). Now, Wikimedia Germany is designing an additional interface to solve edit conflicts on talk pages. This interface is shown to you when you write on a discussion page and another person writes a discussion post in the same line and saves it before you do. With this additional editing conflict interface you can adjust the order of the comments and edit your comment. We are inviting everyone to have a look at the planned feature. Let us know what you think on our central feedback page! -- For the Technical Wishes Team: Max Klemm (WMDE) 14:15, 26 Februar 2020 (UTC)

Please block Special:Contributions/31.4.177.6 and Special:Contributions/47.60.43.124[eedit soorce]

Sorry if this is not in the right place - I couldn't find the proper place, and had difficulties finding this one :) as mass murderer - thanks ! --Hsarrazin (tauk) 09:29, 29 Februar 2020 (UTC)

PS : Also, John Cena seems rather strange (probably hacked) to me, but I'm in no position to really evaluate it.

PPS : Please, who's admin here ? IPs seem to have had fun these last hours ? --Hsarrazin (tauk) 09:49, 29 Februar 2020 (UTC)

I've warned them, since the edits seem to have stopped and blocks are only to prevent damage. If they continue, I'll block them. Avicennasis (tauk) 11:54, 29 Februar 2020 (UTC)
thanks Avicennasis,
I undid dozens of those edits - similar pattern : famous people, date of death the day of the edit or about it, or change date of birth to be very recent...
as for John Cena, could you please check the article ? - I don't understand scottish, but the long text of song, under the presentation seems bizarre... :( - I only found the problem with death dates because I update wikidata with https://tools.wmflabs.org/pltools/recentdeaths/ :) — Precedin unsigned comment addit bi Hsarrazin (talk) 15:27, 3 Mairch 2020‎ (UTC)

Editing news 2020 #1 – Discussion tools[eedit soorce]

19:25, 8 Apryle 2020 (UTC)

Please (semi)-protect Template:MainPage/styles.css[eedit soorce]

(apologies for English) I've rewritten the Main Page to use TemplateStyles, which will make it work better on small screens and easier to edit in the future. However the new page uses Template:MainPage/styles.css which is not yet protected. Much of the rest of the Main Page is only semi-protected, so that should be enough here too. (I would have posted at Wikipedia:Requests for page protection, but that page doesn't appear to be used). The wub (tauk) 17:16, 6 Mey 2020 (UTC)

Editing news 2020 #2[eedit soorce]

20:33, 17 Juin 2020 (UTC)

Annual contest Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos[eedit soorce]

Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos (WPWP)

This is to invite you to join the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos (WPWP) campaign to help improve Wikipedia articles with photos and win prizes. The campaign starts today 1st July 2020 and closes 31st August 2020.

The campaign primarily aims at using images from Wikimedia Commons on Wikipedia articles that are lacking images. Participants will choose among Wikipedia pages without photo images, then add a suitable file from among the many thousands of photos in the Wikimedia Commons, especially those uploaded from thematic contests (Wiki Loves Africa, Wiki Loves Earth, Wiki Loves Folklore, etc.) over the years.

Please visit the campaign page to learn more about the WPWP Campaign.

With kind regards,

Thank you,

Deborah Schwartz Jacobs, Communities Liaison, On behalf of the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos Organizing Team - 08:24, 1 Julie 2020 (UTC)

feel free to translate this message to your local language when this helps your community

Feedback on movement names[eedit soorce]

Hello. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Please help translate to your language if necessary. Thank ye!

There are a lot of conversations happening about the future of our movement names. We hope that you are part of these discussions and that your community is represented.

Since 16 June, the Foundation Brand Team has been running a survey in 7 languages about 3 naming options. There are also community members sharing concerns about renaming in a Community Open Letter.

Our goal in this call for feedback is to hear from across the community, so we encourage you to participate in the survey, the open letter, or both. The survey will go through 7 July in all timezones. Input from the survey and discussions will be analyzed and published on Meta-Wiki.

Thanks for thinking about the future of the movement, --The Brand Project team, 19:42, 2 Julie 2020 (UTC)

Note: The survey is conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement.

Bot flag request for NadzikBOT[eedit soorce]

Hi! 'Allo! I recently discovered your wiki through Small Wiki Monitoring Team. I would like to request bot flag for NadzikBOT (collogue · contreebs).

  • Bot: NadzikBOT (flags on pl.wiki, af.wiki).
  • Owner: Nadzik (Meta-Wiki page; other projects).
  • Basic tasks that I plan to perform:
  • Tools that I will use:
    • Auto Wiki Browser
    • Java Script Wiki Browser
    • WPCleaner
  • Operational mode: semi-automatic via the above-mentioned tools, supervised by me.
  • Approval: if there won't be opposition, I will:
    • Ask the Stewards to assign the bot flag to NadzikBOT (as there are no local Bureaucrat),
    • Perform the above-mentioned tasks. I will consult adding new tasks to the bot account.

Thank you for your time. Please let me know if you would like to ask me any questions. Please use {{ping}}, as this is not my main project and I can miss your answer. Cheers! Nadzik (tauk) 10:51, 7 Julie 2020 (UTC)

Tagging AmaryllisGardener (collogue · contreebs), as we discussed it earlier already. Cheers! Nadzik (tauk) 10:51, 7 Julie 2020 (UTC)
I'll also tag @Avicennasis:, @Fox: and @MJL: as they are other admins on this project. Cheers! Nadzik (tauk) 16:36, 10 Julie 2020 (UTC)

Editing news 2020 #3[eedit soorce]

12:55, 9 Julie 2020 (UTC)

Announcing a new wiki project! Welcome, Abstract Wikipedia[eedit soorce]

Sent by m:User:Elitre (WMF) 20:10, 9 Julie 2020 (UTC) - m:Special:MyLanguage/Abstract Wikipedia/July 2020 announcement

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC): we want to hear from you.[eedit soorce]

Technical Wishes: FileExporter and FileImporter become default features on all Wikis[eedit soorce]

Max Klemm (WMDE) 09:14, 6 August 2020 (UTC)