2018 Gaza mairch protests
|2018 Gaza border protests|
|Pairt o Gaza–Israel conflict|
Map of the Gaza Strip
|Date||30 March 2018 – present|
Pairties tae the ceevil conflict
112 dead and over 13,190 injured (as of 21 May 2018)
1 slightly wounded
On 30 Mairch 2018, a six-week campaign composed o a series o protests wis launched at the Gaza Strip, neist the Gaza-Israel border. Cawed bi Palestinian organisers the "Great Mairch o Return", the protests demand that Palestinian refugees an their descendants be allowed to return tae whit is now Israel. They are awso protesting the blockade o the Gaza Strip an the muivin o the Unitit States Embassy in Israel frae Tel Aviv tae Jerusalem. Veeolence durin the protests haes resultit in the deedliest days o the Israeli-Palestinian conflict since the 2014 Gaza War.
References[eedit | eedit soorce]
- "Palestinians carry on rallies in Gaza on third consecutive Friday – Xinhua – English.news.cn". Xinhua News Agency.
- al-Mughrabi, Nidal. "Israeli forces kill three Gaza border protesters, wound 600: medics".
- Ari Gross, Judah (18 April 2018). "Kite from Gaza sets fire to wheat field in Israel". The Times of Israel.
- 11 Wounded at Israel-Gaza Border as Palestinians March in West Bank in Solidarity, Haaretz, 1 April 2018
- IDF RELEASES DETAILS OF HOW IT PREVENTED A HAMAS BORDER CROSSING FROM GAZA, 15 May 2018, The Jerusalem Post
- "Gaza protests: All the latest updates". Al Jazeera.
- Israel faces outcry over Gaza killings during Jerusalem embassy protests, Guardian, 15 May 2018, "Until this week, no Israeli had been harmed since protests began on 30 March. An IDF spokesman, Lt Col Jonathan Conricus, said one soldier had been “slightly wounded by shrapnel” on Monday but he did not have details on the source of the injury."
- Empty citation (help)
- David M. Halbfinger, Iyad Abuheweila, ‘One Dead Amid Violence in 3rd Week of Protests at Gaza-Israel Fence,’ The New York Times 13 April 2018.’They are objecting to Israel's 11-year-old blockade of Gaza and seeking to revive international interest in Palestinian claims of a right of return to the lands they were displaced from in 1948.’
- Khaled Abu Toameh, Hamas vows Gaza protests last until Palestinians return to all of Palestine,’ The Times of Israel 9 April 2018.’The protests are an uprising for "Jerusalem, Palestine, and the right of return," he said, referring to the demand that Palestinian refugees and their descendants be allowed to return to their former homes in Israel.’
- Adam Rasgon, ‘Masses of Gazans head to border area for 'right of return' says organizer,’ The Jerusalem Post 28 March 2018.’Masses of Palestinians are expected to come to the Gaza border on Friday and move into tents there for a planned six-week-long protest "to demand the right of return to the homes and villages that they were expelled from in 1948," Ahmad Abu Ratima, an organizer of the protest, told The Jerusalem Post.'
- Empty citation (help)
- Morris, Loveday; Balousha, Hazem (14 May 2018). "Israelis kill more than 50 Palestinians in Gaza protests, health officials say". The Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 14 May 2018.