Hip hop muisic
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cultural oreegins||1970s, the Bronx, New York Ceety|
|2019 in hip hop muisic|
Hip hop muisic, an aa cried hip-hop, rap muisic, or hip-hop muisic, is a muisic genre consistin o a stylized rhythmic muisic that commonly accompanies rappin, a rhythmic an rhymin speech that is chantit.
References[eedit | eedit soorce]
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary entry on hip-hop, retrieved from merriam-webster.com: A subculture especially of inner-city youths who are typically devotees of rap music; the stylized rhythmic music that commonly accompanies rap; also rap together with this music.
- Encyclopædia Britannica article on rap, retrieved from britannica.com: Rap, musical style in which rhythmic and/or rhyming speech is chanted (“rapped”) to musical accompaniment. This backing music, which can include digital sampling (music and sounds extracted from other recordings), is also called hip-hop, the name used to refer to a broader cultural movement that includes rap, deejaying (turntable manipulation), graffiti painting, and break dancing.
- AllMusic article for rap, retrieved from AllMusic.com
- Harvard Dictionary of Music article for rap, retrieved from CredoReference
- Encyclopædia Britannica article on hip-hop, retrieved from britannica.com: Hip-hop, cultural movement that attained widespread popularity in the 1980s and ’90s; also, the backing music for rap, the musical style incorporating rhythmic and/or rhyming speech that became the movement’s most lasting and influential art form.