|Teep||Ballistic missile, Mobile IRBM/ICBM|
|Place o oreegin||North Korea|
|In service||Successful test on 14 May 2017|
|Uised bi||North Korea, Iran|
|Wecht||24.7 tons (est.)|
|Hicht||16.5 m (est.)|
|Diameter||1.5 m (est)|
|Warheid wecht||500-650 kg (est.)|
Liquid-propellant rocket, single chamber variant of Paektusan)|
464.1 kN total
Hypergolic combination of unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) as fuel, and either Dinitrogen tetroxide (N|
|3,700–6,000 km (est.)|
|Flicht altitude||2,111.5 km at lofted trajectory (which reduces range to 787 km)|
|Accuracy||greater than 5 km CEP|
The Hwasong-12 (Korean: 화성 12, meaning Mars 12; KN-17 unner the U.S. naming convention), in intelligence communities outside North Korea, is a mobile intermediate-range ballistic missile developed by North Korea. The Hwasong-12 was first revealed to the international community in a meelitary parade on 14 April 2017 celebrating the Day of the Sun which is the birthday anniversary of North Korea's founding President, Kim Il-sung.
References[eedit | eedit soorce]
- (Kim Jong Un Guides Test-fire of Ballistic Rocket Hwasong-12) - Youtube, courtesy of KCNA/ChosunTV
- Diplomat, Ankit Panda and Vipin Narang, The. "North Korea's ICBM: A New Missile and a New Era". Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "North Korea's Hwasong-12 Missile: Stepping Stone to an ICBM - NTI". www.nti.org. Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- 김효정 (15 May 2017). "北 "신형 중장거리미사일 발사 성공"…김정은 "美본토 타격권"(종합)". Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- "Hwasong-12 - Missile Threat". Retrieved 18 August 2017.