|Associate acts||Entombed, Nihilist|
|Past members||Fredrik Lindgren|
Unleashed is a Swadish daith metal baund that wis formed in 1989 bi Johnny Hedlund after he left Nihilist. Viking culture, recollection o a pre-Christian warld, an Norse folklore are common themes found in the baund's sangs.
Table o contents
Unleashed wis fouodit in 1989 bi vocalist an bassist Johnny Hedlund efter his umwhile baund, Nihilist disbanded. Unleashed recorded demos "Revenge" an "Utter Dark", which got them a record deal with the German label Century Media Records. In 1991, the baund released their debut studio album, Where No Life Dwells, and toured with Morbid Angel in Europe an United States.
In 1992, Unleashed released their seicont studio album, Shadows in the Deep, including a cover version of Venom's Countess Bathory. Their next studio albums were Across the Open Sea in 1993 an Victory in 1995, the latter being the last album which guitarist Fredrik Lindgren played on. Lindgren focused on playing punk rock, an Unleashed replaced him with Fredrik Folkare, who played guitar on the fift Unleashed studio album Warrior in 1997.
The baund went on hiatus, after 7–8 years o recording an touring. They were concentrating on life outside the muisic business, their musical side projects, an studying. After a reissue o the baund's classics in 2002, the baund released a new album called Hell's Unleashed in 2002, an they began to tour ance again. This wis also the same year Hedlund had to deal with allegations of having Nazi sympathies. It seemed that Dave Grohl o Nirvana an Foo Fighters wanted to approach Johnny Hedlund to contribute lead vocals to one o the songs for his Probot metal project, but the album producer, Matt Sweeney, discouraged him from doing so because o the supposed Nazi sympathies of Hedlund.. Hedlund quickly branded these accusations as false and stated, Unleashed praises nature, beast and man. Man....regardless of background, place of birth or color of the skin.
In 2004, Unleashed released their seivent studio album, Sworn Allegiance. In October 2006, the baund released their aicht studio album, Midvinterblot. Unleashed toured Europe in November 2006 as part o the Masters o Death tour, with Grave, Dismember, an Entombed. On February an March 2007 they headlined a North Americaen tour with Krisiun an Belphegor. June 2008 saw the release o their nint studio album entitled Hammer Battalion.
On July 24, 2009 it was announced that Unleashed haed signed a contract with German label Nuclear Blast Records for the release o their tent album entitled As Yggdrasil Trembles. In the press statement the baund said, "We are very much looking forward to this new cooperation! The recording o the album is scheduled for October/November this year." .
Current memmers 
- Johnny Hedlund – vocals, bass (1989–present)
- Fredrik Folkare – lead guitar (1997–present)
- Tomas Olsson – rhythm guitar (1990–present)
- Anders Schultz – drums (1989–present)
Umwhile memmers 
Studio albums 
- Where No Life Dwells (1991)
- Shadows in the Deep (1992)
- Across the Open Sea (1993)
- Victory (1995)
- Warrior (1997)
- Hell's Unleashed (2002)
- Sworn Allegiance (2004)
- Midvinterblot (2006)
- Hammer Battalion (2008)
- As Yggdrasil Trembles (2010)
Eps and singles 
- ...And the Laughter Has Died (1991)
Live albums 
- Live in Vienna '93 (1993)
- Eastern Blood Hail to Poland (1996)
Boxed sets 
- ...And We Shall Triumph in Victory (2003)
- Immortal Glory (The Complete Century Media Years) (2008)
- DAVE GROHL NIRVANA 'Ripped Off' UNLEASHED Song. blabbermouth.net (2005-06-08). Retrieved on 2 October 2007. .
- Unleashed Biography. metalstorm.ee. Retrieved on 2 October 2007. .
- UNLEASHED Signs With NUCLEAR BLAST RECORDS - July 24, 2009.
- "1349, REBELLION Confirmed For Germany's SUMMER BREEZE Festival", Blabbermouth.net, 2009-12-17. Retrieved on 24 Mairch 2010..